Friday, August 26, 2011

Final Dessert: Colorado Peach Cobbler


For our final dessert we wanted to use some of the fresh Colorado peaches purchased from the fundraiser for the Studio, so we decided on a delicious, classic peach cobbler!
 We got to learn a new technique: we boiled the peaches so the skin would peel right off.

 The peaches were then peeled and sliced!

 Then drenched in cinnomy-sugar deliciousness! :)

 The crumble

 The Dutch oven mitts got to perform their last heroic task of the summer by taking the cobblers out of the oven.


The Reviews:

"Really good flavor. Crunchy, caramelly crust--really nummy!" ~Grandma Harder
"Now I know why I always gain weight in America..." ~Ines
"One of your best desserts." ~Ellie's Mom
"I like the chewy crust." ~Ellie's Dad

Rachel's Recipe Review: YUM. I don't even like peaches and this was DELICIOUS. Need I say more? (Umm...yes! ~Ellie)

Ellie's Recipe Ramblings: You don't like peaches, Rachel?? Well..anyway...this was a CLASSIC summer dessert and of course was pretty tasty! The cobbler crumble was chewy and delicious, though I thought it had a little too much nutmeg (I'm pretty sure more was added than the dessert called for..), so it reminded me a little of a Christmas eggnog cookie or something....But other than that, it was delicious! And fresh peaches are really what MAKE the dessert! Yum! It was sweet, sugary, chewy, and delicious! :)

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment